The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) seeks nominations of exceptional educators for a variety of exclusive opportunities and experiences, including nominations for award and recognition programs.
Nominate an exceptional K-12 teacher, principal, or specialist with a minimum of five years of experience in education and a (preferable) combination of the features below:
- Exceptional instructional practices and student learning results in classroom and school settings.
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession.
- Significant and unique contributions to education that are worthy of the spotlight and may traditionally be unrecognized.
- A strong, long-range potential for professional and policy leadership in education.
- An engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues, and the community.
We seek your assistance in identifying candidates via the Nominate an Exceptional Educator (pa.gov). This online webform also requires you to upload the nominees' resume and a one-page recommendation letter addressing the criteria in the form inclusive of all of the requested information or documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Information provided with each submission is confidential and should not be shared with the nominee.